Extras for Writers
WRITING ADVICE FROM PATRICIA
THE WRITER BRAIN
- Accentuate the Positive…
- … Handle the Negative
- Scary Glimpse Inside the Writer Brain
- The Writing Cave
- Why I Write
- “Granite Steps” Questions
- Adventures at Writers Police Academy
- Live PD – Ridealongs for Couch Potatoes
- Live PD – Insights to Being a Witness
- 911 in Wyoming
Fellow author and buddy Laura Resnick’s resource page for writers is fantastic. Instead of duplicating what she’s put together, I’m sharing it with you.
But if it’s a little too complete for you to start, here’s my streamlined approach – aimed at indie publishing, because that’s what I know now — with my recommended go-to resources:
AT THE BEGINNING…
Start on his website
- Let’s Get Digital – book that will get you through the process of getting a book up
- Let’s Get Visible – book that gives you a good grounding in marketing
My very favorite writing book is actually a script-fixing book – Making a Good Script Great, by Linda Seger.
Two authors who are also good teachers:
AS YOU CONSIDER THE BIZ….
- Writer Beware – there are lots of people trying to take advantage of authors, so be careful out there
WHEN YOU’RE BETTER ESTABLISHED…
- Novelists, Inc. – for multipublished authors of popular fiction; membership requirements
- BookBub – the marketers share insights and tips on their blog
NOTE: The links to books are Amazon affiliate links (if you click my link and buy, I’ll get a tiny payment.) These books are also available on Apple Books, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, and most other ebook retailers.